The following update was issued by the Gardaí on Monday 16th May at 6.30 p.m. in relation to traffic plan for Tuesday 17th May
Updated Traffic Plan Dublin Area for the 17 May 2011
Update on the Traffic Management Plan for the Dublin areas in respect of the 17th May 2011.
In addition to the current closures on Parnell Square From 0700hrs road closures will be implemented as follows:
– O’Connell Street both Directions
Remaining sides of Parnell Square
From 1200hrs -1700 road closures will be implemented as follows:
– Westmoreland Street
– D’Olier Street
– College Street
- Nassau Street, South Leinster Street
From 11.30hrs – 1230hrs temporary Road Closures will be in place on the following routes:
– Phoenix Park
– South Circular Road ( Con Colbert Rd – Conyngham Rd)
– Conyngham Rd
– Infirmary Road
– Parkgate Street
- Chapelizod Village
From 11.45hrs– 12.15hrs
– Rolling Traffic Calming will be implemented on the following routes:
o N7 (approaching Rathcoole)
o M50 (Northbound from junction 9)
o M50 (Southbound from junction 6)
(Rolling Traffic calming – Marked patrol cars will take up position on the roadway controlling traffic and reducing the speed of vehicles significantly below the speed limit.)
From 1200hrs – 1800hrs traffic diversion will be implemented in co-operation with An Garda Síochána by traffic management signs on the N4 Eastbound at Junction 7 on the M50 Motorway. ALL Eastbound (city) traffic on the N4 and ALL traffic, with the exception of Public Transport, intending to travel eastbound (city) from the M50 will be diverted North/ South along the M50 to access Dublin City North and South.
From 1430hrs – 1700hrs road closures will be put in place on the following routes and adjacent streets to facilitate the movement of the VIP escort.
– Phoenix Park
– North Quays
- South Quays
From 1445hrs – 1630hrs Cross traffic on the North and South Quays will be restricted at various times.
Available Routes on North/ South Axes:
West City -
– R136, Outer Ring Rd (N81 Tallaght – N4 Lucan & M50 Northbound)
– M50 Motorway
– R121 (Clonsilla rd/ Westmanstown Rd/ Lucan)
– R112 Kylemore Rd ( Naas Rd – Outer Ring Rd – N4)
East City -
– Pearse St, Tara St, Butt Bridge, Beresford Place, Gardiner Street/ Amiens St, Memorial
Bridge, City Quay, Lombard St, Westland Row, Merrion Sq
– Sherriff St, Guild St, Samuel Beckett Bridge, Macken St
East Wall Rd/ Dublin Port Tunnel, East Link Bridge, Sean Moore Rd, Beach Rd
Available Dublin Bus Routes:
Dublin Bus will operate along the following routes during this period:
Mountjoy Square (Hub), Gardiner St, Memorial Bridge, City Quay, Lombard St, Westland Row, Merrion Sq (Hub).
Cook Street (Hub)
– Doyles Corner, Phibsboro Rd, Church St, Fr. Matthew Bridge, Bridge St, High St, Wine
– Clanbrassil St, Patrick St, Nicholas St, Wine Tavern St
– Con Colbert Rd, South Circular Rd, Mount Brown, James St, Thomas St, Cormarket, High
St, Wine Tavern St.