Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dublin Pride - June 2010

The Lord Mayor of Dublin, Councillor Emer Costello led Dublin City Councillors at City Hall to review the Dublin Pride Parade.

Speaking at the parade the Lord Mayor stated "I am delighted to lead the review of the Dublin Pride parade this year. I want to congratulate the Grand Marshall Lydia Foy on her recent victory for legal recognition of her gender. which is a significant breakthrough for transgendered people.

Last year the Dublin Pride Festival was one of my first official functions as Lord Mayor of Dublin and I am delighted to have the unique opportunity to be here again for a second time.

I stated the night I was elected Lord Mayor that it is my intention to work towards making Dublin an inclusive City that cherishes the many diverse communities living within its boundaries.

I congratulate the organisers on a wonderful and successful programme - with over 20,000 participating in the parade this year Dublin Pride certainly has taken its place an important festival for the City

The

No comments: